Diaper Battle: Pampers vs Huggies vs Mamypoko

Our unico hijo turned 2 years old last month! How time flew really fast. I still can remember him being so small and fragile. But now he's been so big and active! And with that, I have to choose a diaper that will suit his activeness. I have chosen pants over taped diapers because they are easier to put on my super kulit baby boy. I have only used taped diapers for a few months, and started using pants type diapers when he started sitting by himself. Another thing, the pants type diapers helped him to easily learn how to wear shorts and pants!
Trusted diaper brands
I have tried a lot of diaper brands for the past 2 years, and yet I have stuck with 3 brands so far: Mamypoko, Pampers and Huggies - all in pants type. My baby boy currently uses size Large when it's MamyPoko and Pampers, and size Extra Large when it's Huggies. But which one is the best among the three? Let's check out each brand and see who wins!
MamyPoko 

Where to open

  • Brand: Mamypoko
  • Price: around P 10.00 per piece (for large pull up pants)
  • Pros:
    • Super absorbent
    • Can hold on pee for hours
    • No leaking
    • Cottony soft
    • Has double side bands
    • Non-irritating
  • Cons:
    • Kinda hard to rip off at first, when disposing
    • Blue line (front side indicator) is a bit hard to spot at first
    • Has a sharp edge on the back part (see following photos for visualization)
    • Bulkiest among the 3 brands mentioned
Mamypoko pull-up diaper
Double side bands
Sharp edge

Where to open
Pampers Baby Dry Pants Large
Special Features
  • Brand: Pampers
  • Price: around P 9.00 per piece (for large pull up pants)
  • Pros:
    • Cottony soft
    • Thinnest among the 3 brands
    • Absorbs large amount of pee
    • No leaking
    • Has double side bands
    • Easy to rip off for disposal
    • Easy to spot front side indicator
    • Non-irritating
  • Con:
    • Gel channels create a lumpy surface when it absorbs pee; which felt weird
Pampers Baby Dry Pants Large

Front side indicator
Double side bands
Gel like channels inside the diaper
Huggies Dry Pants in Extra Large
Special Features
Where to open



  • Brand: Huggies
  • Price: around P 7.00 for Large and P10.00 for Extra Large
  • Pros:
    • Cheapest among the 3 brands (compared with the same size)
    • With double side bands
    • Absorbent
    • With both front and back indicator
    • Super cute design
    • Non-irritating
  • Cons:
    • With leakage if used for too long (recommended usage is for 4-5 hours only)
    • Actual diaper size is smaller than the other brands (that's why I'm already using Extra Large for my baby boy)

Huggies Dry Pants Extra Large
Front side indicator
Back side indicator
Double side bands


To summarize, I like MamyPoko because of how durable the diaper is even if my son is moving too much. I also like that it can be used overnight without any leakage.

On the other hand, I like Pampers the most in terms of diaper size, as it is very travel friendly. It's thin and light. I also like it's absorbing power and for me, it's the most absorbent between the 3 brands.

Lastly, I like Huggies since it's the most affordable among the three. Since there are some leaks at times, I prefer to use it during day time only, whenever my baby boy is awake, so that we may be able to change as often as possible.

I love all three brands mentioned that's why I still keep buying and using them until now. The 3 diaper brands do not irritate my baby's bum even if used overnight. But among the three, I love MamyPoko the most. It's cottony and super absorbent, and have no leakage issues. So for me, the winner in this diaper battle is MamyPoko!

How about you mommies? What's the best diaper brand you've tried so far?

15 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this review. Super helpful for mommies ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huggies use cheyucha vadha chepandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a question how to get distbutorship

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post is really full of detailes on the two diapers. And it is very useful for new parents. We also released one post about pampers vs huggies on our blog but different from yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Useful information for new parents. I also wrote a blog post about different diaper brands on my blog.
    click here to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the information. It is really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the detailed information about the diapers, able to decide based your comments

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the very detailed description. First time mom here and so confuse what is the best brand. I am about to try all those brands within the week. I hope to update everyone with my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mamy poko user here since day 1 of my baby girl and my alternative is huggies but not the regular try huggies good and huggie platinum they are so good expensive than mamypoko but its really good sulit n sulit ang bayad i really recommend mamy poko and huggies gold and platinum brand no leaking

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its very interesting and informative stuff. Making life of newly parents at ease. grateful for this post, hope will see more interesting thoughts from your end. Baby diapers small size.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic article! As a parent, I'm always on the lookout for the best products for my little one, and this piece provided valuable insights into the top baby diaper brands.

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram

Copyright © #MillenniaLikes. Made with by OddThemes & Artworkdesign