Dream Come True! I Made My Own Lipstick at Lab'i Lipstick Design Studio

Lab'i Lipstick Design Studio
When I saw Bite Beauty's Lip Lab, where customers can personalize their own lipsticks, I got envious. As a lipstick lover (or should I say, addict?), it is one of my dream to create my very own lipstick! I said to myself that when I get the chance to visit New York, Bite Beauty Lip Lab will definitely be in my itinerary. So imagine my excitement and happiness when I first learned about Lab'i Lipstick Design Studio; same concept with Bite Beauty Lip Lab, and situated right here in the Philippines!
Lab'i Studio
Lab'i Lipstick Design Studio is the first in our country to bring handmade healthy natural lipstick. It is located in 2nd floor, Citywalk 2, Eastwood City, and has operating hours same as with Eastwood's mall hours. It just opened last February 2019 and has been an instant hit ever since because of their "My Own Experience" package! Will elaborate on that later on.
Super cute lipsticks on display
Labi offers 4 different packages according to your preference. You can do either of the following (or maybe all of it!), with prices reflected on the picture below:
  • pick up a ready made lipstick
  • let their lab experts create a lipstick for you (using available shades)
  • experience making your own lipstick (using available shades)
  • have their lab experts create your own shade
Lab'i Packages
Of course I chose the "My Own Experience"! At the time we went to the studio, there was a buy 1 take 1 promo for the said package so I dragged my husband with me. Since the lipstick my husband will create will end up with me, I asked him to customize the lipstick according to his liking, what he wants me to use later on.
With le husband
So, what are the steps in creating your own lipsticks? First, the Labi experts will ask you to choose a shade from the 150 shades available on display. They have 5 categories of shades, namely Red, Pink, Wine, Orange and Nude.
Shades of Red
Pink!
Nudes
I had a hard time picking the color I like since there are lots of shades! But in the end, I picked a shade from the Wine category, while le hubby chose something from the Orange category.
Swatch time!
Hmm, which one to choose?
Le husband chose from the Orange shades
Chose my color from the Wine category

Second, you'll choose your lipstick case. There are lots of pretty cases that I drooled. I chose a princessy red case while le hubby picked an orange cylindrical case. 

Lipstick cases
More lipstick cases
Third, you'll choose the lipstick mold! They have molds like cat, diamond, rose and this golden mushroom. I chose rose while le husband chose a diamond mold.
The most controversial mold of all
Last but not the least, you have to choose your lipstick's scent. I chose lemon and le husband chose orange.
Six scents to choose from
Those are the basic inclusions of the package. Should you purchase premium/limited edition cases, limited edition shades, or change the finish of your lipstick to matte, you'll have to add a minimal amount.
See those ready made lipsticks?
Now on to the most exciting part! Preparing and creating your own lipstick!
Choose your spot!
  1. Choose your spot, prepare your tools and ingredients, and wear your apron!
  2. Clean your mold using oil and cotton.
  3. Mix the ingredients as instructed by Labi experts.
  4. Heat the ingredients while stirring.
  5. Transfer the mixture to your mold before it dries out.
    • Note: Be sure to let the mixture overflow from the mold since it will still sink after a few seconds.
  6. Wait for a few minutes for the mixture to harden.
  7. Carefully and precisely transfer your lipstick to your lipstick case. And voila! You now have your lipstick curated by yourself!
Can I bring this apron home?
All smiles before the session
My work station!
Le husband's work station
This is it!
Clean the mold first!
Hardest part: to transfer the lipstick from the mold to the case!
Finished product!
My rose princess
Le husband's finished product
Orange fest
Some fun facts about Labi and their lipsticks!
  1. Lipstick ingredients are all natural, botanical and organic! Their lipsticks are very safe to use even by kids.
  2. You have to wait for 24-48 hours before using your lipstick. This is for the oils and pigments to settle and dry completely.
  3. Store your lipstick in a cool dry place, but not in a refrigerator! It's because the pigments will be affected by too low temperature.
  4. The shades in Labi design studio are made by the Labi experts themselves. They are trying to discover more and more shades so as to cater the needs of customers.
  5. They don't have much nude colors. Labi experts find it quite hard to create nude colors due to the natural pigments they use.
  6. There are ready made lipsticks too which you can choose.
  7. Lip glosses take much longer to dry up.
  8. Lab'i lipsticks also expire at less than a year due to the natural ingredients used.
  9. For the "Create Your Own Shade Package", it will take longer hours to make; so it is suggested to select your shade and come back for it after a few hours.
With our very accommodating Lab'i expert
Thank you for guiding us in making our lipsticks!
Will I recommend this experience? Definitely yes! I have enjoyed this experience so much and I can't wait to try it again! The place is so pretty and clean, the Lab'i experts are so welcoming, and the tools are all brand new. This experience is so worth it so you must try it out too!

For more information you may send a message to Lab'i Lipstick Design Studio's facebook page. They're really responsive to messages.

Who else have tried making their own lipstick?

2 comments :

  1. Nice Blog! Thanks for sharing here. Hiring a full service of movers and packers in Delhi means that you do not have to rent or borrow a truck and find out how to fit everything inside it without any damage.

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram

Copyright © #MillenniaLikes. Made with by OddThemes & Artworkdesign