DIY Hair Color using L'oreal Excellence Fashion

L'oreal Paris Excellence Fashion Sparkling Visible Color
I find it more economical and practical to color our hair at home. Besides, I think it's more fun to color your own hair right? It's a real time saver itself as I can still do something while waiting for the color to set, like coloring my nails. So I was really glad to discover a hair color brand that allowed me to color my hair without bothering my mom. How did I do that? I used L'oreal Excellence Fashion in Golden Nude Brown.
IMG_0650
Contents of the box!
Before I enumerate the steps on how I did my hair color, I want to show you first how my hair looked like before the coloring.
IMG_0652
Hair before coloring
My previous hair color was Walnut Blonde. As you can see from the picture above, my hair really needed a new color as my natural hair color was almost halfway my hair length. Back then, I had no time to drop by the salon for a 3-hour treatment so I decided to use the L'oreal kit that I got from an event.
IMG_0653
Shade 6.13 Golden Nude Brown
All the instructions and product information are printed on the box and in the manual inserted with the product. Don't forget to wear the plastic gloves included in the kit. Wear a protective cloth as well to prevent the coloring from staining your top!
IMG_0654
Protective pre-color serum
I first applied the Protective Pre-color Serum on my dry hair. The serum was quite similar to leave-on conditioners in terms of smell and texture. I used as many product as possible to cover (almost) all of my hair strands. I allowed my hair to absorb the serum for about 3-5 minutes.
While waiting for the serum to be absorbed, I poured the content of the Creme Colorant into the Creme Developer. I shook the bottle until the colorant was mixed well. What I found awesome is that you can change the cap of the bottle into that comb like cap so that you can reach even the back parts of your hair. The original cap is used to pour the coloring more precisely.
IMG_0658
Hair color applied
I then applied the coloring into my hair. See how thin my hair is? I just consumed half of the product. I applied the other half to my mom's hair. I waited for 45 minutes for the color to settle.
IMG_0657
Protective conditioner
Upon rinsing my hair, I only used this Protective Conditioner. It prevents the hair coloring from being rinsed off. I used the conditioner for 2 consecutive days. So how did my hair turn out?
13603385_10154359500359861_3385468920119803660_o
Photo c/o Mae
During the first week, the color turned out to be a shiny orangey-brown color. But after a few more days, the color became more subtle. It became closer to the color indicated in the box. 
13775794_10209472895237006_4165493007009412270_n
My hair after 3 weeks
Overall, I liked how my hair color turned out. It's not that far from what I have expected. It's a 4 out of 5 for me. I would definitely buy more shades of L'oreal hair color. I really enjoyed coloring my own hair. Truly a mission accomplished!
For more information, you can visit L'oreal Paris PH's facebook page HERE. L'oreal hair colors are available in leading supermarkets nationwide.

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © #MillenniaLikes. Made with by OddThemes & Artworkdesign