Nature Republic Botanical Eco Crayon Lip Rouge in Shade #1

Nature Republic Botanical Eco Crayon
Of all the makeup products that I own, I love lipsticks the most. Aside from the reason that lipsticks are very easy to apply, lipsticks have lots of colors to suit one's personality as well. One of the lipsticks I own is this Botanical Eco Crayon Lip Rouge from Nature Republic (wew, that name is quite long. haha). Is this worth buying? Let's find out.
NR lip rouge
Crayon in shade #1
The main setback here is that the shade name has no English translation. That's why I just indicated the shade as shade #1. It's all the same with the other shades from the same line. But lucky enough, the other important details are written in English.
NR lip rouge4
Shade number and name in crayon
NR lip rouge2
Shade number and name in box
As far as I remember, this costs around P 200.00 - P 300.00 pesos, which I bought from Nature Republic SM Megamall. A bit cheaper than the usual lip crayons from other brands.
NR lip rouge1
Fine print
I used it for a month to see how it performs. Overall, I'm quite satisfied. One of its pros is that it has a good color payoff. It lasted for about 3-4 hours  (without reapplication). It's totally creamy and moisturizing. I didn't experience dryness on my lips and it leaves a tint when it fades. Another pro for me is that it smells like sampaguita! If you are not a fan of scented cosmetics, this might not be for you.
NR lip rouge6
From left to right: 1-3 swipes
However, there are quite some cons. First is the intensity of the color. As you can see from the swatches above, I needed 3 swipes to get the coverage that I want. It's very sheer if you just put 1 swipe. Second is the name shade (which I first mentioned). It's kinda weird to mention that you're wearing a lipstick in the shade #1 (right?). Lastly, it's not smudge-proof or transfer-proof. Whenever I drink on a mug, the lipstick would definitely transfer. But since it is not transfer-proof, it's very easy to remove.
NR lip rouge5
Lip Rouge in shade #1
Overall, this is a 3 out of 5 for me, just so so. It's good to have but not okay to hoard.
So, would I buy another shade of this? For now maybe not. I know other brands that would perform better but with a cheaper price. But this one's definitely worth trying.
Do you have any cosmetics from Nature Republic? What are your thoughts about it?

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © #MillenniaLikes. Made with by OddThemes & Artworkdesign